Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Perfection in The Snow

I just had an interesting experience and I wanted to get it down and 'out there' before it starts to fade. I have literally just finished Paper Towns and "At Hogwarts" by The Remus Lupins is on the iPod when I step off the bus into lightly swirling snow. Everything is muffled and snowy and beautiful and the sky is pinkish from the light polution and it's all so unreal with The Remus Lupins and the after-effects of an amazing book and I'm almost giddy and tearing up at the same time. I turn onto my street when I realise why. It's a perfect moment. My two worlds, the outer world I share with people, and my inner world at at peace simultaneously. Then I reach my door and the song ends as I punch in the code and step through.

Not a word of this is fictional or embellished. It is one of those fluke things that can't really be explained or relived. I could recreate those few minute a million times and I'm sure it would never feel quite like that. So tonight, as the snow continues to fall outside I wont worry and I wont complain or dream of the future. Tonight I'm going to enjoy this feeling and this moment.

♥ G



Please don't judge the song by the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment