Saturday, November 20, 2010

Carrie Vs Gen

Reading: Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix JK Rowling

Like thousands of other women, I have fallen in love with Sex and the City. There's something about Carrie, vapid and unrealistic as her life can be, that I can relate too. I have however noticed that as fun as the show can be to watch and as much as I love spending a half hour in Ms Bradshaw's fabulous world I always come away feeling dissatisfied with MY life. In the (recent) past I had a lot to be dissatisfied with, and I suppose I still do, but I'm a lot happier now than I was before and a lot more grounded too, in my opinion anyway.

I'm house-sitting for the fam an thought I'd take advantage of the access to my mothers complete set this afforded me. Sure enough in the time it took to change discs I found myself wishing I had weekly brunches with friends and an endless parade of fabulous events to attend in equally fabulous couture. A certain amount of envy is to be expected, but I have trouble seeing the good things I have.

I won't stop watching, but I'm hoping that now I'll be able to keep things a little more in perspective and remember to never FTBA.

<3 G -- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment